Sunday, February 7, 2010

Quasi-Homeowner

It's hard, very hard, to believe we have already been in our house 9 months! Seriously, where does the time go? Anyway, as with most home purchases, there isn't always a lot of discretionary income to do things around the house at first. To-date the only home improvements we've done include installing a shelf and fan in the bathroom and a ceiling fan in our bedroom. Yep, we're breaking into the role of homeowners pretty easily. Everything was painted and touched up beautifully in the house, so I didn't really need to paint, but as it turns out the kitchen and dining area were pastel yellow. I'm not a pastel person. Personally, I think pastels are weak (yes, I personify colors). So this past holiday season, my office was closed for week between Christmas and New Years, and I was determined to paint. I have since learned painting is not fun, nor easy, nor something that can be done by yourself in one weekend! Although it will be a very long time before I pick up another roller, I am pleased with the outcome. Here are the before and afters!

Before:











________________________________________________

After:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you married yet?

Unknown said...

:) haha and how are you!!!